xt generator checking

xt550
This post is 6094 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi i got my xt 550 running great then taped all my loose wires up and now it wont start again. how do i check the wires from the gen ? or could it be the cdi is there any way of checking ?

thanks

Dave

Hi

'loose wires' - do you mean unconnected or just extra length? if the latter - have you re-checked for a spark, as it sounds as if you may have a faulty wire or connection. I would re-check all your connections whilst checking for a spark at the same time. Beyond that you are going to need a wiring diagram.

Good luck

:D

Hi

'loose wires' - do you mean unconnected or just extra length? if the latter - have you re-checked for a spark, as it sounds as if you may have a faulty wire or connection. I would re-check all your connections whilst checking for a spark at the same time. Beyond that you are going to need a wiring diagram.

Good luck

:D

hi the voltage was ok. basically i purchased the bike as a non runner,got it going in about 5 minutes cleaned out carb adjusted the float height,put carb back on then bike wouldnt stat.put a spare coil on still no luck.then after a couple of days i checked for spark which i have had all along and hey presto bike started adjusted tickover mixture bike running lovely.i thenthen put all the bike back together and now it wont start again do you think it could be the cdi ?

regards

Dave

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online