dt 125 starting

xt550
This post is 6100 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi i have a dt 125 that starts straight away then stalls straight away(will not rev) the headgasket had blown i thought it was that but no,its had new air filter,new plug cleaned out carb and it still will not start properly once its going after about 6 or seven kicks and warms up rides fine and starts fine.

cheers

Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

Sounds like fuel enrichment/carb settings problem - are you starting with the choke out?

Also you have replaced the plug and cleaned the carb - did you check the compression readings?

It could be that the carb is just worn out, or there still maybe a small blockage in one of the jets or passageways - they are really small, have you had the bike long?

Geoff

:D

Hi

Sounds like fuel enrichment/carb settings problem - are you starting with the choke out?

Also you have replaced the plug and cleaned the carb - did you check the compression readings?

It could be that the carb is just worn out, or there still maybe a small blockage in one of the jets or passageways - they are really small, have you had the bike long?

Geoff

:D

hi its got a new plug i have checked the carb but will check again. not done a compression test but the bike rides fine ?

hi its got a new plug i have checked the carb but will check again. not done a compression test but the bike rides fine ?

hey

I had a similar problem with my dtr and this foz guy realy knows his stuff... he got me sorted with one post ...

I would check the compression first before playing with the carb........my problem WAS the carb... but i had done a full top end rebuild in a surgical manor, so the compression was fierce ....in my opinion (for what its worth) if you are having to use the choke when you cold start and the bike is bogging down at full throttle to begin with and now and again on warming up.......... yet the compression is fine..then it is fuel starvation giving you the problem.

my bike really took off when it warmed up before i got a new carb........... but i think that was just the high revs pulling the fuel through .....

just as an after thought when i got the new carb the setting that worked for me was tighten the mixture screw all the way in (dont force it....i dont think your a newbe but i dont want to be the guy who ruined your bike) then two and a half turns out and my powervalve is locked open

but the rule is... set the tickover to your preference then turn the mixture screw until the engine revs peak and then set the tickover again (am i wrong?)

hope i have helped but if i am in anyway wrong then let me know ....and be brutal

wal

good luck and if you solve it let me know how pls.

curious

wal

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online