FUEL MILEAGE

Guest MRTIP1972
This post is 4775 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest MRTIP1972

HELLO ALL JUST GOT THIS CLASSIC TWO DAYS AGO I PUT 135 MILES ON HER SO FAR. THE PROBLEM IS IM CURRENTLY GETTING 34MPG. IVE HEARD AFTER THE BREAK IN PERIOD MPG SHOULD GO UP TO APPROX 80MPG ANYONE GOT A COMMENT?

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

HELLO ALL JUST GOT THIS CLASSIC TWO DAYS AGO I PUT 135 MILES ON HER SO FAR. THE PROBLEM IS IM CURRENTLY GETTING 34MPG. IVE HEARD AFTER THE BREAK IN PERIOD MPG SHOULD GO UP TO APPROX 80MPG ANYONE GOT A COMMENT?

Just bout 650 Classic 3weeks ago started out about 34mpg now reached 930 miles on bike getting 53mpg should get better after about 3000 mile on bike

• 3 years later...

I feel ya pain. how is it now?

Mine only done about 700 miles and still thirsty as hell. Taking it to the workshop to see the fuel mixtures, but some bike mechanics said that it just needs to be run in first.

Will see how it goes ;)

Yeah, I got a comment... several, in fact.

The first is that TYPING EVERYTHING IN CAPS IS THE INTERNET EQUIVALENT OF SHOUTING AND IS VERY FUCKING RUDE!!!!!

Don't do it.

Second - a 2007 Classic 650 Dragstar, which is still brand new??!!

Are you sure it's new? If not, then there is no breaking-in period and you should be able to get a good 48MPG easy enough, unless you live in one of those countries/states where they must have restriction devices by law.

If all is well and you're still getting low MPG, check your idle and fuel mixtures are set correctly, the barbs and cylinders are balanced, spark plugs are in good nick etc.

• 2 weeks later...

You don't stipulate the size, but if it's a 650 I'll eat my underpants if you get anywhere close to 80mpg! mines 'run in' and I get around 45mpg on average.

Never in a million years will a XVS650 do 80mpg. I can just push 140 miles one one tank, plus reserve (yes, I did run out of fuel about 2 weeks into owning it!)

Never in a million years will a XVS650 do 80mpg. I can just push 140 miles one one tank, plus reserve (yes, I did run out of fuel about 2 weeks into owning it!)

You will if you alter the mixture enough. Downside is that your acceleration and top speed will suffer dramatically.

A stock 650 Drag should get a standard 175 miles on a full tank. Expect 120 before hitting reserve.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online