yamaha sr 125 running hot & bacfiring??

ian t
This post is 6180 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys, my yamaha sr125 is running hot and backfiring. if i carry on riding, it cuts out and wont restart again for a while.

1t's a V reg and has only done 5000 miles.

any help would be much appreciated

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi guys, my yamaha sr125 is running hot and backfiring. if i carry on riding, it cuts out and wont restart again for a while.

1t's a V reg and has only done 5000 miles.

any help would be much appreciated

thanks

either running very weak (check sparkplugs) or your ignition has somehow retarded.

don't keep running it like that as you are getting partial seizures ( cutting out), does it run when cooled?

either running very weak (check sparkplugs) or your ignition has somehow retarded.

don't keep running it like that as you are getting partial seizures ( cutting out), does it run when cooled?

yes it runs fine when it's cooled down. i noticed that the timing lines weren't lined up very well, so with my friends help we've moved one of the sprockets so that the timing lines are lined up better.

it seems to be ok now (ridden it for 5 miles with no problem), but it doesn't seems quite as fast as before. i'm taking it to a bike mechanics on tuesday so he can check the timing is right and check the mixture.

if the timing had somehow moved, i have no idea how it could have happened.

any thoughts? thanks