Great Carb sync trick

dosomethinggreat
This post is 5563 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeah, I made something similar when I did my XS400. Filled it with fork oil.

One thing to watch out for, if the carbs are far out, the oil can get sucked into one cylinder.

This guy made his own carberator synchronization ( carb sync ) gauge. Basically, it is a very large U tube. Looks easy and cheap to me, I might even have all the materials I need laying around.

http://www.powerchutes.com/manometer.asp

Check it out

i built one of these

but only realized once i tried to hook it up to the intake nipples

that the tubing i used was slightly too big =[

• 1 month later...

I sync mine using that method. I used ATF in the lines, it made it really stand out. IT took 5 minutes and $7.00 to amke but definately made a huge difference in performance. NOTE**** BE careful my setting were way off and I almost sucked the ATF into the engine. Be ready to pull them off quickly. Once you get the setting closer to perfect it will allow you to adjust on the fly until you get the setting right.

• 1 year later...

your supposed to take the fuel tank off (have to, to get to the intake) use a small container with a tube to the carb.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online