Yamaha R1 1999 tool kit ?

maddirk
This post is 6176 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Anyone knows where I can get a standard tool kit for a 1999 R1 from, please ?

Alternatively, what exactly are the contents of this kit, so I can assemble it myself ?

Cheers, :D

Dirk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

Anyone knows where I can get a standard tool kit for a 1999 R1 from, please ?

Alternatively, what exactly are the contents of this kit, so I can assemble it myself ?

Cheers, :D

Dirk

Usualy if i remember right it'll be a pair of pliers, ascrew driver thing that has a phillips head on one end and a flat blade one on the other, two large ring spanners, one that fits the front wheel spinndle and one that fits the rear. an open end spanner that fits the chain adjusters prob 12mm one end and10mm the other...but don't quote me on the spanner. maybe a C spanner to adjust the rear suspension and a couple of allen keys... you'll have to work out the sizes buy trying the allen bolts on the bike itself.

There may also bee a chance it will have a spark plug tube/spanner type thing.

You may be able to buy a set off ebay if you search for one, but not sure.

Hope this helps, Dave.

Usualy if i remember right it'll be a pair of pliers, ascrew driver thing that has a phillips head on one end and a flat blade one on the other, two large ring spanners, one that fits the front wheel spinndle and one that fits the rear. an open end spanner that fits the chain adjusters prob 12mm one end and10mm the other...but don't quote me on the spanner. maybe a C spanner to adjust the rear suspension and a couple of allen keys... you'll have to work out the sizes buy trying the allen bolts on the bike itself.

There may also bee a chance it will have a spark plug tube/spanner type thing.

You may be able to buy a set off ebay if you search for one, but not sure.

Hope this helps, Dave.

Thanks, mate ! Maybe someone reading this will sell me his kit or knows where to get a complete one. Otherwise I'll have to check the screws... - Are there different sizes C-spannners ?

Cheers,Dirk

If I can find the one for my 2000 R6 you can have it as the bike is now dead. Dont know if there are any differences.

Regards

If I can find the one for my 2000 R6 you can have it as the bike is now dead. Dont know if there are any differences.

Regards

Hey, mate, that sounds fantastic, thank you !! :D

Let me know and I'll send you my address.

Owe you one.

Cheers,

Dirk

P.S.: sorry about your r6

Thanks, mate ! Maybe someone reading this will sell me his kit or knows where to get a complete one. Otherwise I'll have to check the screws... - Are there different sizes C-spannners ?

Cheers,Dirk

Hi,

My standard kit (01 R1) has:

Allen key for the front wheel lock

Rear wheel spanner (32)

Front wheel double ended socket

Rear suspension pre-load C spanner

Extension bar for the rear wheel spanner and r. suspension pre load

3 spanners, 8 & 10, 10 & 12 and 12 & 14.

Pliers

Screwdirver with a flat/phillips (no 2) combo insert and a single phillips (no 3) insert

Hope that helps :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online