Styling and Profiling in the Sierra de Pozo!

XTreme
This post is 6197 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My Ride Reports from Spain have been a bit thin on the ground this year due to work commitments. But amazingly I had a free day.....so off I went to explore an area I'd never been to before....the Sierra de Pozo National Park.

Going through Castril I encountered the remains of a Suzuki strewn everywhere!

Closer investigation revealed it was the debris from my mate's DL1000....he recently rode over all the way from the UK, along with another mate on an R1200GS. Then he managed to break his foot 15 miles from my house! Being a good friend I retrieved the plastic cos I've still got his Strom (and the GS) in my garage and they went home by plane!

I know how to show people a good time! :unsure:

ind.jpg

Anyway, I carried on and reached Pozo Alcon. Then I turned up into the mountain range!

xts122.jpg

The higher I went, the colder it got! Out here you can have an incredible fluctuation in temperature and road surface within just a few miles.

653.jpg

652.jpg

If you want offroading....you can just ride wherever you want. But be aware you usually have vultures circling overhead so it's not wise to try any heroics!

651.jpg

Got to the peak of the mountain....and what a view!

xts123.jpg

By this time I was freezing due to the altitude....but luckily I found a nice cafe bar surrounded by a waterfall and stream.

656.jpg

655.jpg

After I'd warmed up and found out where I was (cos I didn't have a clue)....it was back down the other side of the mountain.

654.jpg

And I ended up crossing into the Sierra de Cazorla National Park....lakes everywhere!

xts124.jpg

A further 30 miles and I was home. A total of 120 miles round some great deserted roads!

I love it here.....unfortunately my Brit mates never seem to make it out in one piece! :unsure:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest Tomg

you lucky bastard!!!

how many miles is it from err say calais or somethign roughly to your house it looks beautiful out there!!??

you lucky bastard!!!

how many miles is it from err say calais or somethign roughly to your house it looks beautiful out there!!??

Calais? About 1500 miles Tom....I'm in southern Spain!

:D :D wow some pits man :D :D