XS600 help

CKJDJK
This post is 6194 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I am new to the site and need a bit of help. I have been offered a XS600 by my a relative. It has not been run for over four years and is belived to have a battery/alternator problem. She can give me no further info and as she lives a considerable distance away, I could do with finding out what the bike is. I.e. is it a sports, a cruiser, a vintage modle or what? Are spares available for this model? Sorry for being so vague. Where can I download a photo?

Thanks

ChrisK

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all,

I am new to the site and need a bit of help. I have been offered a XS600 by my a relative. It has not been run for over four years and is belived to have a battery/alternator problem. She can give me no further info and as she lives a considerable distance away, I could do with finding out what the bike is. I.e. is it a sports, a cruiser, a vintage modle or what? Are spares available for this model? Sorry for being so vague. Where can I download a photo?

Thanks

ChrisK

yamaha only made xs240, xs360 xs400 xs500 xs650 (twins) xs750 xs850 (triples) and xs1100 (fours).

no such thing as an xs600 need to go back and find out which it actually is. may be get the engine number, number of cylinders would also help.

• 2 months later...

yamaha only made xs240, xs360 xs400 xs500 xs650 (twins) xs750 xs850 (triples) and xs1100 (fours).

no such thing as an xs600 need to go back and find out which it actually is. may be get the engine number, number of cylinders would also help.

I noticed some discussion about XS's here. I have an 84 Yamaha Maxim XS 400. My bike will start and idle fine, but as soon as I bring the RPM up over 3000 - 3500 the engine starts to bog down and sputter and it won't clear itself out no matter how much throttle you give it. It will do this wether it's sitting in neutral or you are driving it down the road. A buddy of mine has an 82 maxim so I tried the carbs and the gas tank off my bike on his bike and his bike will run fine. My bike has aftermarket exhaust on it but the bike was running fine with these pipes for a month or so (I've only owned the bike for a month) and then this happened for no particular reason. Any ideas??

Thanks,

Steve

Maybe check to see if your Pick-up coil mounting plate on the ignition (left end of the crank) has loosened up @ all? :headscratch:

Also have a good look into your Airbox & filter(s). ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online