Need help with my 85 Yamaha BW200

LightningWolf
This post is 6368 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I know I am a newbie here, but I was hoping you all could help me with a problem I am having with my 85 BW200. The bike is great except for one minor problem with it not staying running. It will start and run, for a good 5-10 minutes, and then it will just shut off. I will then have to choke it again, and it will start and run again for another 5-10 minutes and then die.

I recently just replaced all the cover gaskets, and cleaned out the carb, as there was some foam from the air filter, that got sucked into the carb. And it did not change anything.

I am not sure what else is could be, any ideas. Please help me. Thank you in advance for all your help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I know I am a newbie here, but I was hoping you all could help me with a problem I am having with my 85 BW200. The bike is great except for one minor problem with it not staying running. It will start and run, for a good 5-10 minutes, and then it will just shut off. I will then have to choke it again, and it will start and run again for another 5-10 minutes and then die.

I recently just replaced all the cover gaskets, and cleaned out the carb, as there was some foam from the air filter, that got sucked into the carb. And it did not change anything.

I am not sure what else is could be, any ideas. Please help me. Thank you in advance for all your help.

check your petrol (gas) flow from the tap and then your float height in the carb

• 3 weeks later...