i hate sodding car drivers

i like my SR
This post is 6387 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have been absent for a while from this forum, but in the mean time, i have been restoring a Vintage SR125 (1982), which has also ben my sole means of transport. last night, some pollock reversed in to it causing a not cheap amount of damage.

bearing in mind that i have spent in excess of £900 getting it up to an almost compleate stage (just neding a fuel tank re-spray, an exhaust and a left hand side panel) this guy reverses in to it and causes this damage:

A smashed head lamp fixing, bent brackets, snapped mud guard, break lever snapped off, break pedal bent in to engine casing, forks bent, bearing set/ yolk bit that connects to the frame is damaged.in all, i require a new front end, so about £4-500 more.

as a result, it is gonna be an economical write-off :(

but, i will be getting a bigger bike sonner though, so there is a mild silver llining to the dark cloud. :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cryin' shame to hear of such news there SR :(

I can totally relate to your pain.......had a Garbage truck back over my XJ550 once :blink: ...NOT a fun experience <_<

I'm of the firm conviction that most cagers get thier drivers license's from a GumBall machine :rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing what bike you upgrade to. ;)

im currently looking at a GPZ500S 1989 model. £600, and same for fully comp insurance

but ill need a restrictor kit in it though :angry: annother £250.

all because im under 21. :angry:

oh well.

there all pr!cks. if they don;t ride a bike as well there morons,

real shame about your sr. can't imagine how gutting it must feel. but as you rightly said there is always a silver lining. and well done for thinking of one. i won;t break out into song or anything though... Always look on the...

let us no what bike you buy next. aren't restriction kits annoying. mine comes out in ooooo 17 months ha!! then its R6 time!!!! B)

ayeeee those friggin cagers bet ya 20 quid most would fail their tests on a resit imagine how clear the roads would be if this ever happened......everday theres a muppet on the road........2 things that piss me right of at the moment are cagers pulling out of junctions in front of ya and pillacks coming from the other direction who think you have your full beams on then give it full beams back dazzling you makin you slow down cause you cant see a god dam thing....and they soon turn em off when you blast em back with your high beam (not my fault the bikes headlight is higher than the average car) these cagers think they own the god dam road....correct me if im wrong but wern't bikes on the road first after the old horse and trap please let me know...... :blink:

Scared the hell out of a cager who crossed lanes when i was next to him. I was shouting so load he heard me and as I was pointing at his mirrors I think he thought I was gonna kill him.

At the moment there is a judge pushing to have re-tests every 10 years. I'm all for this cos it will make the roads one hell of a lot safer and if I fail I know that I need to brush up too.

Regards

im gonna buy a GPZ 500s for arround £550. it needs a restricting kit in it though, but ill have to save up for that - £240 fitted, for 2 washers! its a scam i tells ya! A SCAM!!!!

anyway, itl be a month or so till it gets restricted, but in the mean time, a littel green-laning may be in order. lol

oh, ANGEL ASSIST will be providing me with a temporary bike too, whilst mine os off the road, on the other guys insurance. and hopefuly, the police will press charges - Hit and Run.

all smiles :D, in a wierd sortta way