seat lowering

Lynne
This post is 6494 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've done it!

I am PX my 1996 600 Diversion for a brand new 600 Fazer on Saturday. Can't wait.

But does anyone know of any decent cut-down seat for one or any reputable companies who would cut down the original seat in the North West. I'm only 5ft 3 and its a little bit tall. OK to ride, but wouldn't want to drop it if I had to stop at a junction with an akward camber.

Had a test ride yesterday and I loved it. :rolleyes:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've done it!

I am PX my 1996 600 Diversion for a brand new 600 Fazer on Saturday. Can't wait.

But does anyone know of any decent cut-down seat for one or any reputable companies who would cut down the original seat in the North West. I'm only 5ft 3 and its a little bit tall. OK to ride, but wouldn't want to drop it if I had to stop at a junction with an akward camber.

Had a test ride yesterday and I loved it. :rolleyes:

why don't you buy 2" platform boots?............

:lol:

only joking, i used www.rk-leighton.co.uk/ they fitted and supplied (by me)the seat cover, reformed some of the seat foam and repaired broken grips all for £30 inc return postage

they are based in Burmingham!!

Platform boots are not such a joke. I spend time on a lady bikers forum and it seems lots of the girls get the boot mender to put an extra sole on their boots to give them extra height - and it works well. Another option would be Daytoma Ladies boot. They are made with and extra inch built inside the boot - a bit expensive but might be cheaper than buy a new seat.

Good luck!

Platform boots are not such a joke. I spend time on a lady bikers forum and it seems lots of the girls get the boot mender to put an extra sole on their boots to give them extra height - and it works well. Another option would be Daytoma Ladies boot. They are made with and extra inch built inside the boot - a bit expensive but might be cheaper than buy a new seat.

Good luck!

just goes to show,

many a true word said in jest ;)

my mate has his own leather business in Newcastle, he does seat alterations on Westgate Rd.

0192324450 DP Leathers ;)