My engine just shredded itself.

Variomatic
This post is 2751 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right, my engine is fucked, the keeper on the cam sprocket snapped off and fell into the crank and mangled some shit that I haven't even bothered to inspect yet, along with putting scratches into my BRAND NEW cylinder. So I'm just gonna swap the engine out for another one whilst this one gets a rebuild. Now, onto the meat of the question: 

I've been offered a 2006 YBR engine for a decent price. The problem is that those have a carb and not EFI, but thats the only change, and I'm guessing that I can just swap the stator over to the 2006 model and be golden. As far as I can figure that's about as far as I'd have to go, anyone else have any thoughts? 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if the stator runs the ignition without the ignition box and you can rig up some wiring to that effect, then its possible.

some carbs have throttle position sensors though so you need to check that out too.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online