1973 Yamaha AT3

Ratchet
This post is 2622 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Maybe bitten off more than I can chew here! Picked up a matching engine and frame and though it would be a fairly simple rebuild as I was not looking for a full blown restoration. Trouble is AT3's were not sold in the UK and parts are a plenty in the US of A it's just that postage costs are astronomical! What is it with the US postal system? The tiniest thing comes in a great big packet and they charge the earth for it! Sorry for whinging. Need some AT3 spares Tank single seat, fork tubes etc etc. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. I did have a contact in the states who helped by sending a box of stuff over which was very helpful and cost effective but he has moved and I have lost contact.

Finger crossed and thanks in advance,

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi RATCHET "..  the shipping is ebays rip=off .  Global shipping".  they take a cut, and pay import duties,

thin is, sometimes you used to miss duty, , anyway , I email the sellers, anf if multiple items purchased , they send outwith Global shipping system. for 1/4 of price, .

get up a picky of the AT3:photo2:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your comment Blackhat but apart from the ebay global ripoff, US postal service USPS are just as bad. They use standard size packets/boxes and fixed prices so a small item can cost as much as a larger item. Although a lot of these guys are in it just for the money. It breaks my heart to see perfectly good bikes ripped apart to sell in pieces, especially the classic ones.

Any pictures at the moment would be e bit of a joke but I may just send a couple up for a laugh. I have no nuts or bolts for any of this and thought it would be metric but they don't seem to like to go in and I don't like to force stuff, so would appreciate a word to the wise from someone, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Ratchet

I just bought an AT3 - don't have it yet but hope to collect in the next couple of weeks.  How's your project going?  Did you sort out the postage issue from the US as I will need several bits and the postage does look horrendous.  I have contacts in the US I could probably use if that really does make a difference.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online