Oldie returning to biking

This post is 2836 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

Been 40 years since I owned a bike - Now living in Cornwall in the UK and eager to get back out on the road.

I have a question and looking for a bit of advice. I want to buy a good Yamaha Vigaro 535 but worry that I'm to big for the bike. I'm 6' tall (1.86 m ) and weight about 17st (105 kg).

Is there a difference in height between the 535 and 750.

Your opinion will be appreciated

Regards   

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've just bought a Virago 535.  I test rode it yesterday and it was fine.  The chap in the store said I was too big for it, however I like the bike so I'm going ahead and I collect  it on Saturday.  

I'm 6' 2" and 14.5 stone.  My outgoing bike which I have PX'ed  is a Honda CMX 250 and I rode that OK and found it quite comfortable.  The Virago seemed quite big in comparison.  I wanted something with a bit more power and I've always liked the 535, so I'll let you know how I get on.

I'm not sure about the differing seat height between the 535 and the 750. I've never sat on a 750

Regards

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

:wavey: Welcome!