live & learn

cidered666
This post is 6551 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I had an off end of last year resulting in broken wrist etc etc. It turns out that the bike shop had fitted the wrong tyre to my Divvy. I hadn't noticed until cornering on a wet bend.

I had assumed what they'd done was a-ok because they were a reputable main dealership - how wrong was I!!!

Still, like someone said elsewhere biking is a continual learning experience.

:(

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Wrong tyre?

What the hell did they fit? On a Divvy I wouldn't have thought it was that difficult a choice!

Bad luck for you though, hope the wrist is better (and the bike of course). As you say it's a continual learning experience for all of us. One thing though; it pays never to trust antone to do anything properly!

Andy

Prime example of why I do ALL my own spanner work......especially tyres! ;)

Hope your wrist & Divvy have mended well? :unsure:

Wrong tyre?

What the hell did they fit?

I don't know what it was but it touched the floor when on the centrestand so the profile was app 2" too tall at the back. It doesn't sound much but the difference to the handling is shocking - it was so twitchy when off bolt upright and now it's like it's glued to the road.

Cheers, Steve.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online