Please help!! My Yamaha XT125x 2009 wont start

Yzrider
This post is 3024 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello I'm just wondering if anyone could help me as I was riding my Yamaha Xt125x the other day and it randomly decided to bog out and die. I thought it might be because I was a little low on fuel and was riding with the choke on at the time. After a bit of fiddling I have managed to get it started fine (with kick start only) but then 20mins later I tried again and the button start worked and started first time so I've rode home and locked it away for the night but when I went out the next morning there was nothing and wouldn't start on either kick start or button start all the lights are on but when you use the button start they all dim maybe even go out and something (around the battery maybe even be the battery) makes a harsh buzzing /clicking noise when using it and the kick start does nothing. Any ideas as need it back running asap! As its my only form of transport :(

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You said it was low on fuel, have you topped that up?

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

And also make sure your battery is fully charged, simple things first!

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Hi

i had a similar problem on the XT i used to own, I found that the choke plunger was sticking in the carb. When you turned the choke off the plunger was not moving over fuelling it. Also I found that it would dim the lights very quickly after a few try's at starting. When removing the battery to charge it I found the battery wires only finger tight. The buzzing could be the starter relay with not enough voltage to pull it in properly. 

not sure if this will help but worth a look

cheers

nige

• Like 1

Thank you for your replies and sorry for my late one but it's seems to only not work when it's wet so it might be electrical??

Just now, Yzrider said:

Thank you for your replies and sorry for my late one but it's seems to only not work when it's wet so it might be electrical??

Meaning I've had it running fine for two days in the dry but today it just didn't wanna start again :(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online