Help removing clutch cover rd350lc

Tom1902
This post is 3079 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi - I am having problems removing the clutch cover on my RD350lc. It appears to be because of the water pipe which passes through the crankcase is stuck - both in the hole (there is a slight ridge in the pipe) and in the clutch cover (I presume it is a separate part). I have tried gentle taps with rubber hammer, and a carefully wedged screwdriver without success. Ideas please. Thanks in advance

sketch-1448965780864.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry I can't help with your problem Tom, but I may be able to help you getting a reply. Try sticking a bit about yourself in the new members section that way folk will get the impression that you're sticking around and not just a fly by night, getting your answer and disappearing into the (blue) haze

Assuming you've taken out all the screws, certain there is 9 in total, it is usual for the clutch cover to get stuck on the O ring that fits on the end of the alloy coolant tube that is seen in your photo where it fits inside the clutch cover to seal the coolant from the gearbox oil. There is also a wire circlip on the tube which is by the O ring to hold the tube in place when you put the clutch cover back on. Try spraying something like WD40 in the area where the tube fits in and try gently wiggling the clutch cover off. Be careful trying to prise off with a screwdriver as you'll end up damaging the gasket surfaces.

Tony

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online