Yamaha DT 175

mks
This post is 3031 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

I have just recently joined the forum, so this is my first post.

I have a 1977 Yamaha DT175 why I am planning to restore over winter.
My model is the 1G1 which was the last of the twin shock absorber models.

I think some time during its life it has been 'Converted' to a field bike meaning all the electrics have been removed.

What I'm after is a photograph of how the rear indicators are attached to the bike. My Haines manual does not show it very well.
I think there should be a bracket(s) attached to the frame but mine has none and was wondering if these have ben removed as well.

If anyone has this model of bike and would not mind, could you send me a close up picture of where the rear indicators are attached please?

Regards,

Mark

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have just tried to uplad a picture to this post and found it quite dificult.

If anyone can take a picture for me regarding my post, I will supply you with my email address which may work out easier.

Mks

I suspect this was was what happened

At sometime in the past the indicators were not working, the MOT tester had a rule that if they were fitted they must work, fair enough...so just remove them and that's OK you might think...well yes indeed, if the tester was a reasonable person that was just the case, but unfortunately some of em were 'jobsworth' types and would have gladly seen you saw off the brackets as well!!!!

have a look at this you'll get the idea, and do your own research looking at images of DT175 frame

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-DT175-DT-175-FULL-UNCUT-MAIN-FRAME-all-tabs-straight-EZ-REG-MN-PAPERS-/221941620909?hash=item33acc060ad:g:o8UAAOSw4UtWSHfn

Edited by Airhead

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online