Removing the front wheel?

Grouch
This post is 3163 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I tried taking my front wheel off this morning and couldn't do it. I took my fork protectors off and then there is a 17mm nut that won't budge. I also tried knocking the spindle through and failed at that. I don't want to damage it using too much force. I've watched some videos on youtube but all the bikes forks are different and theres no videos specific to my WR. 

This is the diagram

https://www.yamahamotorcyclespares.co.uk/genuineparts/19237/26/yamaha wr125x 2013/front wheel?uID=0

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Grouch, Ok should be easy enough, if you look at the section front fork2 on the list you will see bolt number 37, I think this is your pinch bolt ie locks the spindle from turning, undo that ( take it right out) and the try to turn the spindle, you would be best to squirt some WD40 on the inside of the spindle where it goes through the opposite fork, that is the opposite side to the nut, that should be all you need to do mate.

PS don't forget the bike will want to lean forward when you have the front wheel off so put a weight on the seat (as far back as you can) or chock the engine to stop it leaning forward.

Edited by slice

Thanks Slice. I didn't see the two bolts. I have removed them but the spindle still won't budge. I have used WD as well. I'm using a 17mm socket but it seems a bit loose but a 16mm socket won't fit. It;s pissing me off now. Can't face using public transport.

I've managed it. It was really tight and I was scared of putting too much force on it and rounding the nut or snapping it. 

Don't worry I'm not going to post a 'how to change a tyre' thread haha.

Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online