dt 125r power problems

olliedt
This post is 5957 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi there just joined the forum so hello! just wandering if any of you lads could help us, my 2000 plate dt125r loses power when i hit the powervalve, its fine up to 7000 rpm then its just gutless.

it still revs round past 7 grand but it seems like the powervalves not kicking in or something, ive tried

most things like new plug, cleaned out exhausts, bleed the carb etc... but im now im stuck for things to try?

i was thinking about a new ht lead or looking into the ypvs servomotor.

have any of u lads had the same trouble

cheers ollie

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

as with all dt enquiries mate pm mozz. Have you tried balancing the carbs or lubing the powervalve.

Regards

On a DT? :headscratch:

Dont know the bike mate it could have a hamster powered fuel injection system for all I know. I apologise for my iognoranve :huh:

No Worries Robbie! ;)

Just givin' ya some grief! :D

All the DT's I've ever seen are SINGLE cylinders.....thus only ONE carb :)

No Worries Robbie! ;)

Just givin' ya some grief! :D

All the DT's I've ever seen are SINGLE cylinders.....thus only ONE carb :)

No worries mate.

Could be a one off though.

hi there just joined the forum so hello! just wandering if any of you lads could help us, my 2000 plate dt125r loses power when i hit the powervalve, its fine up to 7000 rpm then its just gutless.

it still revs round past 7 grand but it seems like the powervalves not kicking in or something, ive tried

most things like new plug, cleaned out exhausts, bleed the carb etc... but im now im stuck for things to try?

cheers ollie

Hi mate just joined myself a couple ov dayz ago.My mate bought a de ristriction sheet and in it it says the reed switch under the clocks is to blame for your lack of revs 7000 rpm nd over.Apparently u need to remove it from the clocks and tuck it away but DO NOT CUT THE WIRES just tuck it away.He done his and it revs to the red line.hope that helps u mate.

cheers ollie

hi ollie.i have a tdr 125 yr 2000. and its doing the very same as your bike

they are the same engine i think

i have played around with the power valv .it helped a bit but power is still way down

it has been de restricted so its not that.

i was talking to my local dealer he said if i changed the exhaust that it would be a difrent bike . but i dont think so.its realy anoying and embarising going so slow.and when you go up the slightest of hills its like change down big time so any help from you guys would be great

i was getting the same problem on my 2003 dt i removed the switch in the speedo and it was still the same it turned out to be the alarm unit which is about as big as a ciggy box, this was on top of the snorkle under the seat and at 6k rpm it was getting starved of air. i deristricted the bike and cut off the snorkle and couldnt believe the difference it flys now. 9 times out of 10 you dont need to mess with the power valve you will just mess it up.

G

anyone got a rear dep pipe for sale?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

cheers ollie

Hi ollie, i dunno if you ever sorted that problem, but i've got the same, i know this engine inside ans out like the back of my hand but just cant work it out!!! my servo motor isnt even turning so thats where my problems lies. if you ever got it fixed PLEASE email, me, its driving me mad!!!

Cheers Toby

Hi ollie, i dunno if you ever sorted that problem, but i've got the same, i know this engine inside ans out like the back of my hand but just cant work it out!!! my servo motor isnt even turning so thats where my problems lies. if you ever got it fixed PLEASE email, me, its driving me mad!!!

Cheers Toby

Get it down to me and I'll find your problem, or at least point you in the right direction.