DT125X won't rev past 8000rpm!

This post is 3255 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

You should be a politician.

Insurance ask for ANY modifications. That is the coverall to catch workarounds like yours.

I could declare that switch with little most likely no cost penalty. Surprisingly i tuned my old 600 a lot. Crossed my fingers and confessed. Added about 20 quid to the premium. Apparently due to its looks being unaffected. (Yep i know gsxf 600's were never regarded as pretty).

You on the other hand cannot declare a modification that gives more power. Full stop. No matter how you spin it.

End of the day its your bike. We have been there and done it. KNOWING THE CONSEQUENCES. Thats all were trying to say. You can make it do 100mph

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Okay, I appreciate your patience and not just telling me to f off and do what I want :icon_smile:

Would not be the forum it is if we did. We want you to enjoy bikes forever. Your Dt is the appetiser. If got a go on my TDR250 you would be booking your test tommorrow.

You dont realise just how good bikes get. Little temperance now will pay off later.

• Like 1