help with 1978 v75

minibreaker
This post is 3148 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi i have just aquired a v75 in ok condition. its only done 1900 miles from new.. my question is.. is there any info on de restricting it anywhere as i have looked and cant find any.. im thinking cdi or bigger card maybe expansion chamber exhaust.. any help is much appreciated thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As a V75 was never 'restricted' there is little chance of finding any technical on de restricting it but why would you want to tune a 1970's scooterette in the first place ?

i have a "problem" i love old scooters and i love making them go silly fast my last yamaha qt50 did almost 50mph and was sooo fun. i like the look on peoples faces and i like improving things.. if it was never restricted how can i improve performance. its not worth a lot of money and its not a collectors item so i may aswell have as much fun with it as possible. i ride a cb1000r as my daily ride but i just like old odd things.. i also have a qt50 a heinkel tourist a dt50m a honda city express and a honda c90 oh and zx6r that im selling. i just like making things on 2 wheels faster oh and i have a 80cc mountain bike that does 54mph(sat nav) i like silly things

Aye M/B " its get the barrel off and port it then ,, :yeah:,, seeif a yb100 carb will fit, and a spanie on her, :thumb:

The V75 uses a reed valve block that fits to the crank case rather than the barrel which does not give much room to open the reed block up, The CDI unit may fit from the V80 model (you would need to alter the wiring loom to suit). I did, back in the 80's, some tuning work to a V80 .... top speed ended up at just below 60mph rather than the stock 45mph.

• V90 front exhaust pipe
  • YG1 pattern exhaust system (cut and grafted to the front pipe)
  • V90 Carb (it is so long ago I can not remember what I changed the jets to, but I did change them)
  • reed block opened by 2mm
  • front sprocket up by 2 teeth

• 3 months later...

Howd it go? Im just finding this forum...Here in bermuda we get these up to 80mph+... (with a lot of tuning!) De restricting inside the muffler..larger downpipe...larger carb ie 24mm+..larger cylinder ie 100cc.... carbon fiber reeds, one petal... better cdi..sprockets..the list goes on. Google surinam racing..they drag race these old bikes! Im rebuilding a 1985 v80...engine is completed..(not my work) spray up next!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online