need help yamaha xs 650 1977 us import

jackpollard6
This post is 3255 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello my bike is only fireing on one cylinder right hand side put new plugs in and checked both plugs for spark and is all good any ideas? Looked in the manual but not sure what to check hope its not too bad! Thanks for any help in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The plug may not be firing under load so swap over the HT Leads and check what cylinder sparks now. My money would be on the RH Cylinder. Set the kill switch to off and turn it over a few times. Remove the plugs and check if they are wet. I would suggest the RH plug will be and the other dry, indicating a fault with the carb.....Is it a vacuum carb on the bike (my mate had one back in the day, but I cant remember what carbs were fitted)

Done what you said both plugs where wet, put the plugs back in started first kick and was running on both cylinders not sure why maybe float was stuck ohwell fixed now!! Thanks for help

• Like 1

Good news matey, now post some pics of the Bike...I like the xs650 and would love to own one

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online