Tdm 900

glkerr
This post is 3266 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi i am new to this so please bear with me,i am purchasing a 2002 yamaha tdm 900 which has been standing for 2 years the mileage is 32000,it did run initially and then stopped and would not run again even the starter would not turn over,i would be grateful for any hints and ideas you may have to lead me in the right direction,many thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok first things first as they say, it's polite to say Hi on most forums so if you would be so kind and pop over to the "New members" section and say a bit about your self that would be great, now as to your problem, have you changed the fuel in it? Cos if your are using 2 year old fuel that will be the problem right off the bat, then you say it was running then stopped so how new is the battery? If it's 2 years old as well and has not been regularly charged then it's dead as a dodo, your will need a new one asap, also take the plugs out and clean them, other than that you need to be VERY clear as to what your level of expertise is regarding motorcycles cos it's no use us telling you stuff that you already know (ref New members) you say "You are purchasing" does that mean you have it or are you taking delivery soon cos if it's still in the hands of the previous owner ask him to look at it for you BEFORE you take it home cos it might be terminal and that would be a shame.

Welcome to the YOC by the way and hope you enjoy being on here, if you have any questions that are not about how to fix your bike then put them in the general section. :jossun: