mt 03

keyser soze
This post is 5175 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Grats to a wonderful bike. I have done 2500 km on mine, I have loved every km. Still waiting on some Akrapovic for more sound, perhaps this week.

Regards

Tooby

I done 95mph on mine. Could have done more, but was running out of road. :blink:. So far I have done around 1400 miles...

It's a rapid bike!.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

I also tried and buyed the MT-03. I love it to bits, it's a grin inducing little machine. I edged the tires within the first 20 miles and I'm normally a bit of a wuss.

I've had it a fortnight and it had it's first service yesterday, now I want to see if I can keep up in a group. The people I ride with are on a mixture of bikes but there are a fair number of blades, R1s etc. I feel like I'm whizzing along but I've only ridden by myself and it's difficult to tell.

I'd like to ask if anyone has finished off their first set of tyres (i.e. the set the bike comes with) and if so how many miles did they do. We are off to France end of July and I'm trying to decide whether to take the MT03 or my R6. I know the tyres will last round France on the R6 but I have no idea about the MT03.

PS there's definitely nothing wrong with being female & 40, I am. Not sure about the blonde bit though ..... :) but hey, since mine comes out of bottle - I should comment?

Hello

I also tried and buyed the MT-03. I love it to bits, it's a grin inducing little machine. I edged the tires within the first 20 miles and I'm normally a bit of a wuss.

I've had it a fortnight and it had it's first service yesterday, now I want to see if I can keep up in a group. The people I ride with are on a mixture of bikes but there are a fair number of blades, R1s etc. I feel like I'm whizzing along but I've only ridden by myself and it's difficult to tell.

I'd like to ask if anyone has finished off their first set of tyres (i.e. the set the bike comes with) and if so how many miles did they do. We are off to France end of July and I'm trying to decide whether to take the MT03 or my R6. I know the tyres will last round France on the R6 but I have no idea about the MT03.

PS there's definitely nothing wrong with being female & 40, I am. Not sure about the blonde bit though ..... :) but hey, since mine comes out of bottle - I should comment?

ahha, one more MT owner: welcome to the world of small bikes :) I have done some 2500 km on mine so I am still on the first set of tires. But being a thumper owner (SRX-6) since -89 I think the tires vill last up to 7000 km, something.

Now the bike is equiped with the Acrapovic system, only done 20 km with that. It fitted right on and they have really worked on the manual.

Let there be sound...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5ded499...d1317b2aa23.htm

Let there be picture:

mt033mp.jpg

Thanks Tooby

Having taken the MT out yesterday for a grown-up ride (270 miles), in a group with sports bikes & a KTM super motard, I have to say - it's still awesome, it keeps up & even beats other bikes. Whow! It's fun on big roads, it's fun on small roads, it's fun in town, it's even fun on gravelly car parks - it's just FUN! I'm boring all my my mates to death raving about it which is why I am trying to get it out of my system here.

So after yesterday, it was defintely going to France regardless of the tyres, but given what you have said, it should be okay so thank you.

P.S has anyone tried any motorway riding (autobahn, etc) on the MT?

Thanks Tooby

Having taken the MT out yesterday for a grown-up ride (270 miles), in a group with sports bikes & a KTM super motard, I have to say - it's still awesome, it keeps up & even beats other bikes. Whow! It's fun on big roads, it's fun on small roads, it's fun in town, it's even fun on gravelly car parks - it's just FUN! I'm boring all my my mates to death raving about it which is why I am trying to get it out of my system here.

So after yesterday, it was defintely going to France regardless of the tyres, but given what you have said, it should be okay so thank you.

P.S has anyone tried any motorway riding (autobahn, etc) on the MT?

I have done the motorway and it will seem to cruise ok at around the 70 to 80mph mark. However I will say that it seems to not be well suited to it. Then again this is my first bike...

I have done the motorway and it will seem to cruise ok at around the 70 to 80mph mark. However I will say that it seems to not be well suited to it. Then again this is my first bike...

I fear that if you find your bike is well suited to the motorway, you'll be on a GoldWing. All I'm hoping for is that it is no worse than the average sportsbike. My concern is how tiring it will be with the lack of fairing. I've never had a naked bike before.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Anyone thats knows how to enter "special mode" on the MT where you can change CO???

Sorry Tooby I have not seen that. Any yam service people reading who could help?. What will this do Tooby?.

Another quick question to Tooby, has the akra system got removable baffles?.

Ps. Just come back from a trip to Wales on the MT-03 and it's great!. A went from Nottingham UK to Aberystwyth and back 170miles each way. All that with a pillion and backpack. The bike still went extremely well, but I noticed that we had to stop every 40 miles for so due to bu...tocks ache :)

Sorry Tooby I have not seen that. Any yam service people reading who could help?. What will this do Tooby?.

Another quick question to Tooby, has the akra system got removable baffles?.

Ps. Just come back from a trip to Wales on the MT-03 and it's great!. A went from Nottingham UK to Aberystwyth and back 170miles each way. All that with a pillion and backpack. The bike still went extremely well, but I noticed that we had to stop every 40 miles for so due to bu...tocks ache :)

Hi!

1. You would be able to change the mixture of fuel/air.

2. Don't know what "baffles" is but...if you mean the streetlegal inserts, they can be removed with six screws "is that the right spelling :blink: "

I am back from "vacation" with my wife and kids so hopefully I will be able to ride the MT again and for some longer trips.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for that tooby, if it has the ability to remove the street legal inserts I might go for it.

Quick question, I have slightly overfilled the MT-03's oil by about 2 millimeters. Should I drain off the oil or just leave it to burn away?

Many thanks

Hi,

Thanks for that tooby, if it has the ability to remove the street legal inserts I might go for it.

Quick question, I have slightly overfilled the MT-03's oil by about 2 millimeters. Should I drain off the oil or just leave it to burn away?

Many thanks

If you "overfilled" with just 2mm I would say: Let it burn away...

Regarding the akrapovics: I have made some new inserts wich gives a wonderful sound, somewhere between legal and LOUD. On low rpm not much sound but on the throttle....mmmm :). To be able to change things on the MT-03 one have to connect a computer (I think a special one at a Yamaha dealer )

new insert

mt03insatsiiiwf8.jpg

• 1 month later...

Yeah it's nice isn't it... :D

This is the info regarding supplier and performance!.

{

Dear Mr Jamie,

first of all, I thank you very much for you rmail.

With reference to your request, I'm pleased to inform you, that the performance increase is 2 HP.

Moreover there's a weight's reduction of 3,5 Kg and a power increase of the torque of 2,3N/m.

For purchases, you could contact our distributor in the UK, who'll give you all infos regarding prices and items' availability as well.

I'll give you his address.

MOTOHAUS MARKETING

CRUMLINS BUSINESS COURT, 5

ODIHAM-HANTS-RG29 1DU GB

GREAT BRETAIN

Tel. 0044/1256-704909

Fax 0044/1256-701919

[email protected]

For any questions don't hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

}

Guess who I just emailed? :)

Yeah it's nice isn't it... :D

This is the info regarding supplier and performance!.

{

Dear Mr Jamie,

first of all, I thank you very much for you rmail.

With reference to your request, I'm pleased to inform you, that the performance increase is 2 HP.

Moreover there's a weight's reduction of 3,5 Kg and a power increase of the torque of 2,3N/m.

For purchases, you could contact our distributor in the UK, who'll give you all infos regarding prices and items' availability as well.

I'll give you his address.

MOTOHAUS MARKETING

CRUMLINS BUSINESS COURT, 5

ODIHAM-HANTS-RG29 1DU GB

GREAT BRETAIN

Tel. 0044/1256-704909

Fax 0044/1256-701919

[email protected]

For any questions don't hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

}

Guess who I just emailed? :)

:)

I am trying to get some information about the camshafts for the Raptor (Yamaha thingy with four wheels), it seams to be able to rev up to 9000 rpm with just over 50 horses B)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I took a ride on a demo bike earlier this year when I was looking to step up from my DT125R. The initial grunt and midrange was immensely addictive and I was enjoying that a lot although the engine behaved in a bit of an odd manner it seemed. Wheelies in 1st are almost second nature as I found out as I entered my road behind a slow moving Mercedes. Along a dual carriageway I managed to clock 140km/h which was a little disappointing as I had expected so much more from a 660.

I think my only real gripe with it is it's tendency to try and spit you off the front when it hits the rev limiter.

I notice one of you was contemplating which bike to tour France on out of the MT or an R6. I have to say the MT would be the way to go.