mt 03

keyser soze
This post is 5166 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:welcome: to the forum Keyser

I too like the MT-03.....just wish they imported 'em over here. :(

From what I've read & seen, they're not that fast but appear to handle well & look like a blast to ride! :thumb:

MT03wheelie.jpg

I believe they have the same Moto Morini 660 single like the XT & the Raptor....Great Motor! B)

I'd say Go For It!....then tell the wife....she'll hopefully get over it :unsure::D

hi all,

was wondering in to the local yamy dealers the other day and clocked the mt-03. :unsure:

looks nice, so may buy one!

do any of you guys have any thoughts on them before I do the deed then tell the wife?

thanks

Hi there,

I had the same dilemma but the other way round. Wandered in saw the MT 03 - took it out there and then. Didn't want to take it back! got back with a big grin on my face. Fantastic handling, loads of grunt does exactly what it says. Very different from my fazer but what did I expect................so i went back the next day took it out and parted with my cash. take delivery in 2 weeks. how excited am I ? So went back and told the bloke................... :rolleyes:

Hi there,

I had the same dilemma but the other way round. Wandered in saw the MT 03 - took it out there and then. Didn't want to take it back! got back with a big grin on my face. Fantastic handling, loads of grunt does exactly what it says. Very different from my fazer but what did I expect................so i went back the next day took it out and parted with my cash. take delivery in 2 weeks. how excited am I ? So went back and told the bloke................... :rolleyes:

I just picked mine up last Friday and I love it... You won't be disappointed. Oh boy it pulls in second gear, I had to put ice on my arm after the ride!

Edited by twojame

I just picked mine up last Friday and I love it... You won't be disappointed. Oh boy it pulls in second gear, I had to put ice on my arm after the ride!

Hey there,

How are your arms now. Have you run it in yet? or did you just go for it. Temptation, temptation.

Mines in the shop and ready now - just had a call but the're closed tomorrow.

How frustrating.

Dawn

Hey there,

How are your arms now. Have you run it in yet? or did you just go for it. Temptation, temptation.

Mines in the shop and ready now - just had a call but the're closed tomorrow.

How frustrating.

Dawn

Hello Dawn,

thanks for replying, it's good to hear from a fellow owner!. I test rode the bike on a demo day, then went back the same afternoon and ordered one.

My arms are fine now thanks, I think I just over done it. This is my first bike and was very excited.

I'm on the way to running it in. I have done 385 miles just in over a week, been out on it every night this week. Just taking it easy as the manual says, but still giving it the odd push.

I was thinking of getting the Yamaha stock titanium exhaust upgrade. What do you think?.

Jamie

Edited by twojame

Hello Dawn,

thanks for replying, it's good to hear from a fellow owner!. I test rode the bike on a demo day, then went back the same afternoon and ordered one.

My arms are fine now thanks, I think I just over done it. This is my first bike and was very excited.

I'm on the way to running it in. I have done 385 miles just in over a week, been out on it every night this week. Just taking it easy as the manual says, but still giving it the odd push.

I was thinking of getting the Yamaha stock titanium exhaust upgrade. What do you think?.

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Wow - 1st bike eh. Well picked mine up on Friday and have covered about 250 miles. Had to go out with my fella yesterday so we took 4 wheels. Both of us can't wait until he gets that leg out of the cast.

As far as the exhaust goes I would say go for it. I ordered it with bike Sounds great, looks great and as far as performance enhancement it's hard to say cos I only had about 4 hours on the demo.

Pretty pricey but what the hec!

Dawn

Hi Jamie,

Wow - 1st bike eh. Well picked mine up on Friday and have covered about 250 miles. Had to go out with my fella yesterday so we took 4 wheels. Both of us can't wait until he gets that leg out of the cast.

As far as the exhaust goes I would say go for it. I ordered it with bike Sounds great, looks great and as far as performance enhancement it's hard to say cos I only had about 4 hours on the demo.

Pretty pricey but what the hec!

Dawn

Mine is having its first 600 mile service this Saturday. Then I can begin to open up. I found that 4/500 rpm is around 60mph on this bike.

I might just go for that exhaust.

Jamie

Hi All

New here but have been Yamaha owner since -89. I now ride a MT-03, what a bike :). Have any of you MT owners a Akrapovic on? How does it sound in legal on not so legal versions? Is the Akra system worth all that money?

Best Regards

Tooby

Hi All

New here but have been Yamaha owner since -89. I now ride a MT-03, what a bike :). Have any of you MT owners a Akrapovic on? How does it sound in legal on not so legal versions? Is the Akra system worth all that money?

Best Regards

Tooby

Hi Tooby,

Naa, i'm still on the verge of getting the Akrapovic... It looks great!. People say it sounds better, but not sure if it improves performance.

I would of thought that it would help performance since I thinking that it saves a few kilo's in weight.

Edited by twojame

Hi All

Best Regards

Tooby

Hey Tooby,

I have an MT -03 with the Akcropovic cans on - sounds great and I am now convinced improved the performance. Don't know about you but I can't get enough of it. Went out for about 6 hours yesterday and came back soaking wet still with a bigsmile on my face. I love the way it handles and being a short ass girly love the light weight. I still have a Fazer 600 but think it might be for sale soon. I thought I'd miss the speed but the kicks I get out of the MT more than make up for it.

I see your Swedish - are you going to ride down to Assen for the Moto GP?

Oh by the way - sounds just legal but I guess the baffles could come out!!!

dawn

Edited by DGC

Hey Tooby,

I have an MT -03 with the Akcropovic cans on - sounds great and I am now convinced improved the performance. Don't know about you but I can't get enough of it. Went out for about 6 hours yesterday and came back soaking wet still with a bigsmile on my face. I love the way it handles and being a short ass girly love the light weight. I still have a Fazer 600 but think it might be for sale soon. I thought I'd miss the speed but the kicks I get out of the MT more than make up for it.

I see your Swedish - are you going to ride down to Assen for the Moto GP?

Oh by the way - sounds just legal but I guess the baffles could come out!!!

dawn

:D oh so good to here some positive talks about the MT-03. Here in Sweden many people don't like it because of to less power and more expensive than the ER-6. I really do like the handling when it comes to curves and I am not a speed freak when riding on public roads. I have never been to a Moto GP be would like to. regarding the sound, You dont happen to have a mpeg with the sound of the Akra system?

best regards

Tooby

:D oh so good to here some positive talks about the MT-03. Here in Sweden many people don't like it because of to less power and more expensive than the ER-6. I really do like the handling when it comes to curves and I am not a speed freak when riding on public roads. I have never been to a Moto GP be would like to. regarding the sound, You dont happen to have a mpeg with the sound of the Akra system?

best regards

Tooby

Hey Tooby,

With regards the MPeg, being a: female, b: a blonde, c: over 40 - not at the moment, but my son is coming back from university next weekend so I can sort something out with him. I know what you mean about the speed but I was out last weekend with a gut on a Thundercat who informs me that I was doing over the 100 mph. I don't know because the digital speedo only goes up to 99mph! You must get over 99 kph reading on yours.

Dawn

Edited by DGC

Hey Tooby,

With regards the MPeg, being a: female, b: a blonde, c: over 40 - not at the moment, but my son is coming back from university next weekend so I can sort something out with him. I know what you mean about the speed but I was out last weekend with a gut on a Thundercat who informs me that I was doing over the 100 mph. I don't know because the digital speedo only goes up to 99mph! You must get over 99 kph reading on yours.

Dawn

Nothing wrong being a blonde female near XX years. My self is an old fart almost 40 but not blonde just some grey :D I have not tried top speed yet perhaps after first service...I have done alot of D roads (is that what you call em, small ones with perhaps some gravel) and the grunt out of corners is perfect.

Hey Tooby,

Dawn

Any news about the sound? I tried higher speed and I saw 163 km/h on the speedo...

Edited by Tooby

Hey Tooby,

Just got my son Max back from Uni and spent the last 3 days being a laundry service/restaurant/bike mechanic. Anyway all sorted now and I should get the mpeg sorted by the end of the week. :rolleyes:

Hey Tooby,

Just got my son Max back from Uni and spent the last 3 days being a laundry service/restaurant/bike mechanic. Anyway all sorted now and I should get the mpeg sorted by the end of the week. :rolleyes:

I'm very keen on hearing that... :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Does your speedo really only go up to 99mph? When i turn on the ignition it goes up to 199! Got mine on Saturday and am still running it in. And loving it, cant wait to get the first service over with so i can get to some mono-wheeling

Does your speedo really only go up to 99mph? When i turn on the ignition it goes up to 199! Got mine on Saturday and am still running it in. And loving it, cant wait to get the first service over with so i can get to some mono-wheeling

Grats to a wonderful bike. I have done 2500 km on mine, I have loved every km. Still waiting on some Akrapovic for more sound, perhaps this week.

Regards

Tooby

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online