TZR125 2RK

PICTURE_MAN36
This post is 3360 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I am looking for some guidance with my current project bike.

I am restoring an '89 G TZR125 2RK. I would like to have a working powervalve.

I have the pulleys, casing, cover, cables and servo. I have since sourced a CDI from a German / Swiss bike which had a working valve.

I keep seeing mails about the powervalve controller; is this a seperate piece of kit or is it incorporated into the EU spec CDI?

My contact in Germany has also offered me a different carburettor assuming that the EU spec had a larger carb?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks & Kind Regards

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The early powervalves had a separate powervalve controler that fitted at the back of the bike under the seat cowl.

They also had different exhaust and very different carb settings. They were the bikes that brought the de restricting fantasy about.

That bike done right will be making around 25 VERY entertaining hp. It can get very close to a genuine 100mph but on a good B road you will be in a class of 1.

Modern 125's are weak pretenders.

Thanks. My contact in Germany thought that the EU CDI was enough... Back to the drawing board. I have 2; 1 to sell & 1 to keep. I've passed my test to I have no problem derestricting it. I've got a new Gianelli for mine. I'm hoping to get the YPVS working on the one I keep.

I've seen big bore kits for the TZR but I'm told that the best mod is getting the valve working.

Cheers

The 350lc ecu has a single trigger for the 350. The engine sparks every rotation like the 125. They are both 12v, same redline and i cant see the ig map being vastly different from the full power 125.

I see little trouble in adapting the cdi to work on the 125. If you really want ypvs.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online