Which Paint DT175MX ?

XR650-R
This post is 3443 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, seem to be spending loads of money on Halfrauds paint trying to get something close to the white Yamaha used all them years ago on the DT's...have tried Ford Diamond White which is too creamy, now I am on Frozen white which looks to white.....doh All I can find online is Clear White 36/W ?....however not after a show bike just trying to get something close to the stock colour....any takers on which car colout might match ?....failing that it will have to be a guess colour :(

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

OK bad typo I knew what I meant, where can I get something close ?...cannot be the only person who wants to spray a Yamaha stock white ? or close to it....I take it we don't get many paint questions on this forum ?

Asked someone on another forum

"Hi Paul

Missed your message bit late to ring, I aint used an aerosol on any just 2pack but I used Ford diamond White on my 78 125MX im sure you will be able to get it from Halfords or somewhere in aerosol.

That's it without the lacquer, this is the "was the" Red tank from the import I got for bits for my 81 barn find

Ford Diamond White, basecoat and 2pack lacquer. Probably don't look as nice from an aerosol mate. Its nice clean and crisp in proper paint though the best I could get to Clean White in the paint chip book from a brand new side panel. To be honst if its for a tank aerosol's are probably no good as aerosol petrol proof lacquer turns White paint a horrible Creamy Yellow, well Halfords stuff does anyway it even tells you it does on the tin.....

"

Thanks for the update, funny enough my wife.....god bless her as she does all the painting in the house said the Diamond White was to creamy now says the Froxen White is too white and the Diamond looks better lol....I think I will just stick with the Diamond and if it don't look right then thats tough luck for me, I appreciate its difficult to match up with 34 years old paint which has faded etc will post a picture when she is done and see what you guys think.....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online