Insane insurance prices

GeordieSteve
This post is 6615 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've just had a phone call from an insurance company offering me TPF&T insurance for £350... surely that's an insane price for a 24 year old with 4 points and on a first bike (1999 R6)!?!?!? That also covers me to drive other bikes third party. I'll get the details of the company tomorrow and keep you informed

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

On this side of the pond....that age thing would be the 1st indicator for targeted insurance pricing ;)

When you get to be an Old Fart like myself....the insurance bill comes & gets paid without even batting an eye.....I pay only $120 a year B) ....but that's also on a 24yr/old bike :blush:

I got my best quote from Bennets, 350quid also but thats just Third Party. I ride a 02 R6 and I'm 24 also

I've just had a phone call from an insurance company offering me TPF&T insurance for £350... surely that's an insane price for a 24 year old with 4 points and on a first bike (1999 R6)!?!?!? That also covers me to drive other bikes third party. I'll get the details of the company tomorrow and keep you informed

My insurance cost me £750 with motorcycle direct!! Im 25 with no points, sounds a good price to me. Also had a quote on a VFR400 for £350

As a few of you already know my quote was £950 TFT with 2 years no claims but at 18 yrs old this was several grand under some quotes. This was also from MCE Steve.

Regards

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online