Engine problems!! Dt 125!

Samyamman
This post is 3488 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys I've posted before and got no reply witch is gay:( it hurt!:( but anyway I've got a dt125r 1998 3bn it's in a sorry state crank seals have gone I brought it to bring it back to life plus Ibe always wanted a dt and thought this is the chance to make it just how I want it in stead off pay £1000+ for one

Down to it ive stripped it down ready for the frame to be powder coated and to crack on with the motor rebuild (being done by a friends dad) I've popped out all the engine blots out and the swinging arm bolt when to take the motor out then realised there was one more bolt under the swing arm bolt little 12 bolt with no nut (when I said it was in a sorry state I mean it was left in the rain a lot don't think it was cleaned in the last 2 years the amount off road dust and gacky oilly stuff on engine was nuts but yeah plastic bolts snapped left right and senter) when I tried to undo the bolt it snapped the real shit thing is I didn't even try hard a lot off the bolts are so weak :/ any one got any ideas on how I can get the bolt and engine out? :/ I thought I'd ask on here before trying as some one might off had the same problem and I know some ppl on here are shhhhit hot! Lol

Thanks in advance

I do have a photo but don't know how to upload?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

fkcu thats manky! so what are we looking at here?

I know it's not nice lol it's pretty much just been road never looked after so many bolts snapped but at that's part off restoring it I guess and this bit here image_zps33069b20.jpg

It's an bolt holding the engine in under the main swinging arm bolt :'(

Sam, so this is an engine mounting bolt and it has the head snapped off so the bolt is still through the engine and the threaded end is still screwed into the frame at the other side...is this correct?

Yeah that's right mate any ideas?

first thing is a ticking off, you shouldnt have snapped the bolt your inexperience and rough handedness has given you a difficult problem to solve right now, learn from this ;)

I dont see any way other than sawing through the bolt at the other side, then the engine can be removed and you'll have to get the threaded part out of the frame, the shaft will punch through the engine I suppose