Pro circuit exhaust

Wiffy
This post is 3481 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Is it possible to clean up my exhaust I know I can get the dents blown out I don't really want to paint it as I like the plain metal look there's surface rust and general marks on it was just wondering can I get it looking newish

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeah but I like the natural finish airhead I will paint it if I can't clean it up I've not bought it yet I'm waiting for the bloke to tell me the postage cost the pro circuit pipe is supposed to be better than a fmf I read some where sounds nice as well lol airhead, mind the local bobbies won't say that ha ha they didn't like my subaru

I got to do as much searching for bits as I can as I'm back in work next week and won't have as much time on my hands to spend money without the other half finding out ha ha

Well I just bought the pro circuit expansion chamber I found it needs abit of blowing out in a non sexual way as there's a couple of dents on it nothing to bad a bit of surface rust but it was cheap the postage was the same works out under a £100 so a bargin as you can't get these systems anymore just need a 304 study Tail pipe know jetting kit and a filter and maybe some boysen reeds just to make it all run sweet going to have a look for a exhaust blowing kit off ebay ready for when my pipe comes happy days

And yes airhead parts are hard to find been looking out of the uk on sites like webike Japan found my exhaust on eBay in America

Yeah I seen these on eBay only twenty odd quid seen how they work someone with abit of now how could probably knock one up basically clamp on to both ends of exhaust making it air tight it's got a air valve on one end and you fill it till it was about 60 psi and the go over the dents starting from out side of dent with a blow torch circular movements watch it on YouTube for yrself

Yep I made my own from rubber stoppers for wine the kind you put the air lock in while fermenting were 3 bucks each ,put a bolt ,washers and nut in one stuff it in the pipe and tighten the nut up this expands the rubber for a soild fit,the other one I put a metal valve stem in from a truck same deal install in pipe and tighten the nut then I just put some wire through the spring clamps and ove the rubber plugs they work well takin many a dent out with them.

Don't know check the speedo drive part # if it's the same then yep,axel and bearing's would have to fit in all.

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for my expansion chamber from the usa my blowing kit has come can't wait to try it out ha want a shorty 304 pro circuit tailpipe to go with it now think I'm going to get a yz125/250 one as they don't do one for mine and they look very close on fitting around 90/95 models might have to give it a little tweak should sound sweet

Found out were my exhaust is customs and they want £25 for the pleasure of delivering my second hand exhaust at least dick Turpin wore a mask when he robbed people .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online