what bike to get for training CBTs?

Noise
This post is 3503 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I use one of the ER-5's as my 'chase' bike, that is until I get the business insurance sorted out on the Divvy, when that'll take over. Other notable machines are the much maligned Honda Dullville - totally bomb-proof engine, watercooled & shaft drive so bimbling along behind 'peds at bugger-all mph won't faze them and you get good weather protection and carrying capacity for spare radios/batteries/toolkit/clutch and brake levers for when your trainees bin it .......

Cardington or down-trained?

The Honda Dullville is a very good bike and my mate uses one for training (mainly DAS) but its for too tall and heavy for my back so that sort of bike is well out of the equation.

Only being down trained for now and if my current jobs starts to become a real pain in the ass then i may go and do Cardington but will have to weigh up the wages side of things.

Iirc my instructor was riding a dullville.

Why not go for something like the XJ600? I had the pre-diversion and at low speeds it was marvelous, never caused me any problems even when I got stuck in traffic going through Bournemouth with a pillion, incredibly cheap and easy to repair, and being air cooled will likely go on forever the engineering tolerances were that big.

I paid £450 for mine with 30k on the clock and sold it to a workmate a few years later with 55k on the clock And it's still going

• 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online