dtre 125 exhaust manifold stripped thread

DtMitch
This post is 3557 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys thanks for opening my thread

Im in need of a bit of advice, ive had my bike for a few months now but have never noticed the exhaust bolts being loose till today. The right one tightened down fine but the left one was stripped so just kept turning, the bolt is also slightly longet than the right one.

I just wanted to know what you guys recommend, i was gonna try tapping it out to the next size and finding a bolt to fit. But reading some threads online people have mentioned having studs instead of bolts so im not sure which is right, mines a 2007 model.

Anyway guys i appreciate any advice and thanks for reading, if nobody advises otherwise then ill go ahead with tapping it tomorrow

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

pretty sure it shold have studs not bolts.

Personally I would recommend you buy the correct studs and if the thread is stripped from the cylinder then get someone to fit a thread insert, any local engineering company will be able to do this

Nevermind ive just had a look online and yes they use studs which i can get for about a tenner for the pair. Its just getting the thread back which is the annoying part, im very hands on with my bike and like doing as much as i can myself. However maybe its smarter to leave this for someone whos done it before, last thing i want is to completly ruin it lol

Hi there , it's not that hard either way , but the helicoil inserts mean you dont have to drill away so much metal , and are harder wearing . You'll definitely find a video on utube showing how to fit a thread insert . Fair play for wanting to learn about your bike .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online