Yamaha DT oil spitting out the exhaust!! Please help!

DANYAM
This post is 3535 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I havn't cleaned out the exhaust yet as I'm waiting to get paid so I can buy a new system (my front pipe is f*cked anyway). If the exhaust is clogged up ( which I'm pretty sure it is ) will it continue to clog up and spit s*it out despite everything else working fine?

Well dan, if the exhaust is fekked why dont you try this

Nowt ventured nowt gained

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

They"l be no damage, its just the characteristics of a 2 stroke, hell" you shudda seen the oil come out the back of my 750 triple . :babyha: there were pools in the exhausts,

it may need a de-coke and the exhaust cleaned out , but she sounds fine to me,, :headbang:

Haha, nice one man. You've made me feel alot better! I'm new to 2 strokes so this was really worrying me. Cheers! :headbang:

Check your crank seals. Are you using gearbox oil?

Bung the intake and exhaust and pressurise the crankcase with 5psi from a bike pump. If if leaks down the seals are bad.

Not more than 5 psi is needed.

I changed the gearbox oil a few weeks ago and I check the level through the sight glass every day. It doesn't appear to be leaking so I'm sure it's the idling and the exhaust thats the issue. Thanks for your input though. I may well check the seals anyway.

Well dan, if the exhaust is fekked why dont you try this

Nowt ventured nowt gained

True. I might have a go at this this weekend as I can't get a new exhaust until next month. Cheers!

I love the smell of Silkolene Two Stroke oil early in the morning .

It does smell good. Silkolene is what I'm running on atm and it runs sweet as a nut.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online