Sr125 chop/bob

o5otato5o
This post is 3573 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thinking of doing either an sr 125 chop bob or cafe from the frame up (all salvaged parts)obviously the first step is a legal uk reg frame

Do i need t re register.if.i.do this?

What should i look out for?

Wich would you do?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Why????

The money you waste on this shit, get yourself a full licence, then build a real chop/rat/cafe

• Like 2

Thing is ive seen whole bikes go for real cheap on ebay its a labour of love tbh ive had 2 and love them mine does around 70mph thats all i want and i realy want to do my own custom job just want to know whats involved i.e. Vosa checks mots etc on a custom ride

It depends what you want to do. Just because people think it is a bad idea it doesn't mean you shouldn't do it, it just means you are better informed.

Radically changing many of the main parts of the bike will mean that you may have to SVA it and it will be re-registered on a Q plate. Main parts in life frame, engine, forks etc. normally changing one is fine. I can't remember at the moment what point it goes from being ok to having to get a SVA.

Next you have insurance. All modifications have to be advised to them whether Q plated or not.

On a SR I would go bobber. Single seat with a floating rear and drag bars.

It would be cheaper to get a whole, working, bike and get the angle grinder out than start with just a frame.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online