DTR power band

Taffman92
This post is 3581 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've been off work for the last week with chemical burns to my legs and thought I would take the bike out for a little ride today , so I haven't found the bad earth on the bike I posted about the other day, now I have no indicators today and about half way through my ride I lost my power band , one second It was working fine then ( no power band ) it revs up fine and just as its about to kick in it just goes does nothing , the bike runs fine other than that, no spluttering or anything , now just a thought but could all this be down to a bad battery or something ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello, Does all of your other electrics work ? Lights etc ?

Sounds as if theres no power in the system at all ??

No power no power valve

Cheers

Ryan

Yes does sound that way im afraid, Could you take it off and get it tested by your local shop ?

Ah ok. Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

well after a bit of bad luck with my exhaust snapping in 2 places ,I replaced the battery as the old one was pooped and noticed the main 10 amp fuse was blown, changed that then found 3 places where the wiring loom was chafing on the frame and sorted them out now the fuse keeps blowing after about 4 miles of riding ^^ , not sure what to do ,

Simple, change the broken wire! Cut out the chaffed bit or bit's then put a new bit in. One single repair is easier than half a dozen connections so DON'T be tempted to make short fixes, if it's got 2 or 3 worn bit's cut the whole length out and replace the complete thing.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online