How do I replace the exhaust mounting damper on an LCII?

Mastiff
This post is 3609 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The old one was shot, but I can't even get that out of the footpeg mount! I have attached a photo, so you know what I mean. Is there a special tool, a special trick or something like that?

Damper.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Er SLEDGE HAMMER perhaps? Or take the wheel off so you can see the other side properly and see what type of fitting is on there, might just be a case of getting it at the right angle or lining up a gap in the bolt hole. :eusa_think:

I did mine a few years ago on my LC2 by taking the footrest hanger off and finding a socket with the same diameter as the outer bush in the hanger that the rubber part is supposed to be attached too and putting another socket slightly bigger behind too support it and putting it in a vice and slowly tightening the vice to push the bush out. You could also try taking out the rubber damper and maybe using a hacksaw carefully cut a slot in the outer bush so it splits the bush then carefully tap it out. Hope this makes sense.

Tony

• Like 1

Thanks! Yeah, perfectly sense! So much sense, actually that I've already tried the hacksaw (only the blade, no handle), but without luck. But I think that vice version is probably the best bet I have. I only have to find a socket that's of the right size. Which shouldn't be impossible in my overstocked garage. Especially overstocked now, that I've sold my Chevy Suburb an two years ago and the Renault three years ago, so I don't have something to fix every bloody weekend! :biglaugha: