1974 dt 175 oil injection, how do you know if its working?

yamahamike
This post is 3660 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

How do you tell if the oil injection system is working? I took the cover off and the plastic sprocket is turning, the throttle cable is attached and working, I loosened the nut where the line goes into the motor while running and no oil comes out.is it supposed to?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

Once I have the pump set and adjusted as per the manual

I just pull on the oil pump operating cable at the engine casing to open the Pulley and observed the smoke increase as the bike ticks over,

I have also once or twice disconnected the oil feed pipe at the carb for a few seconds as the bike is ticking over and seen oil pulsing out of the end, however I don't like doing this for long as the revs increase as the airflow goes up slightly and the motor is obviously not getting oil.

do a search for 'dan's motorcycle two stroke autolube' and a search for a PDF called: 'yamaha oil pump rebuild - YDS motorcycle parts' both I found interesting when reading up on my bikes pump

aj

Just loosening the bolt wont help as the engine vacume will stop the oil leaking.

The most effective way is take the pipe off, plug the hole in the carb and run the engine. If its got a normal oil supply one or two minutes at idle wont bother it. Then you will see the oil pumping out.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online