Green landing

This post is 3691 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome dan" :jossun: gotta be some nice bits at the dales, but legal is the thing ,,,

Thanks for the welcome. Its a nice place around the Dales, just fancy a bit of off roading without the police being on my case. My WR450 is road legal and standard, so shouldn't make too much noise.

They recently stopped people riding around a place called 'flapets' which was good fun, so now not many places up hear I know about :(

I bet there's a lots of good trials in the Scotland?

Welcome to the YOC, sorry i don't know of any where near there to go laning.

BUT i would love to see some pics of your bike! what year is it?

They recently stopped people riding around a place called 'flapets' which was good fun, so now not many places up hear I know about :(

If you rode that thing hard they'd never find you again without a chopper B) ....... but i am not suggesting anything :eusa_whistle: hahaha

just had a look on Autotrader.....that thing looks spotless! real nice

should be a good step up from that 250!

Yep serious bit of kit, you'll be digging ditches from full throttle blasts

Just out of curiosity, do you have any idea of how often the oil/filter needs doing ? from what i hear they are fairly regular but not too over the top.

just had a look on Autotrader.....that thing looks spotless! real nice

should be a good step up from that 250!

Yep serious bit of kit, you'll be digging ditches from full throttle blasts

Just out of curiosity, do you have any idea of how often the oil/filter needs doing ? from what i hear they are fairly regular but not too over the top.

Yeah it's a nice low mileage bike which should hopefully last a while. I've read that the oil filter is changed around every two or so so main oil changes

Yeah it's a nice low mileage bike which should hopefully last a while. I've read that the oil filter is changed around every two or so so main oil changes

I've just ordered a K&N oil filter for around £10 inc delivery, so might as well change it when I do the oil. That way it should keep it running smoothly!

Perfect! check to see if it's one of those mesh ones that can be reused (for example with my husky you just wash the filter in petrol rinse/dry then put back in at the same time as changing oil.) i think this is the type that are on the 2002 426 if i did see it right. always a good idea to get rid of the pervious owners oil and filter as you never know how longs it's been there. PLEASE check though as i haven't a clue what type are on that bike of yours.

Reading the add, it sounds like it's ready to go offroading, quick change of the oil and filter then straight off to the lanes. ..... if you can find some! :eusa_doh:

i haven't a clue where to looks either, apparently you can ask at your local council offices- but i'm not sure what you'd ask for. HOPEFULLY someone will come along and let you know.

That's the first thing I'll be doing, changing the oil and filter etc. just need to get some good quality oil. Not sure if the council will be too keen to tell me where I can ride off road, so might have to get an ordinance servey map and look for the byroads etc.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online