XS250 rear wheel spacer

trodd69
This post is 3648 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, I tried to search the forum for this but didn't see anything. I've got a '79 model rear drum 250 and it looks like there should be a spacer on the nearside rear spindle between the wheel bearing and swing arm but mine didn't have one when I bought it. Does anyone know the dimensions or have a source for these? Any help appreciated.

Looking at the drawings it also looks like a dust cover is missing but this is something I can probably live without for the time being.

Cheers guys.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Drewpy,

I was looking at items 37 &38 on the CMNSL website. Unfortunately the part numbers given aren't available through my local yamaha dealers and I've not turned anything up online yet either. I was planning to make the spacer if I couldn't find one so hoped someone might be able to give me the dimensions. If so and anyone else needs one I'll try and knock a few up at the same time from some stainless and make them available for the cost of postage on this forum.

Cheers,

Stan.

did the links not work? cmsnl was 21 euros so its available!

did you try granbys or Martin @ motoward?

also try Govenors bridge

the 38 is def not available as I have to get mine re zinced

Hi again and thanks for the reply,

I keep checking CMNSL but it always shows as not available though the price for both parts is shown. I'll do some more calling round again of the people you recommended. I was hoping someone might be able to check the dimensions of theirs but I'll continue the search for an off the shelf part also.

Hi again and thanks for the reply,

I keep checking CMNSL but it always shows as not available though the price for both parts is shown. I'll do some more calling round again of the people you recommended. I was hoping someone might be able to check the dimensions of theirs but I'll continue the search for an off the shelf part also.

mine is on the bike and I don't fancy stripping it down as yet, I have work and other commitments. why not ask on xs400.com?

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online