DT125 X Forks

This post is 3670 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

alright guys.. had a bit of a mission doing some paint work on my DT getting it ready for when the sun decides to show its face, anyways.. painted my forks and when I went to put my wheel back on just slightly nipped the 2 bolts that hold the spindle and snap! :thumbdown: it broke the bracket that the spindle goes through at the bottom of the fork.

Does anybody know where I could get some second hand forks from other than ebay?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.. Thankyou :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hells teeth how tight did you do it up? Anyway why is EBAY a problem they must have a set on there that you can cannibalise, you only need the one fork leg bottom, see if there's a crashed one out there on Gumtree or similar.

haha, I could understand it if I went to town on it, but I literally did it finger tight then nipped them with an average allen key.. wasn't tight at all.. I cant understand why it just went like it did.. I've looked for people breaking them and I've been in touch with one guy that has a set on there.. just waiting on a response from him. so thought i'de try other avenues too :)

Thanks for the response.

Try the DTR125 forum bud, you'll get one in there

• 1 month later...

fork issue sorted, ordered a pair off ebay for £160 which i didn;t think was too bad, seals all changed and legs painted up and on the bike. all thats left to do is to build my front brake up now that the calipers painted and then ill be zooming around once more xD

Thanks for the advice guys.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online