tank installation

streetbiker
This post is 6657 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I removed the tank on my 1100 to have it painted. Put it back on and now I have problems. The bike is hitting just fine but it won't start. Can there be an airlock in the gas line? It seems as though it is not getting gas even thouh it coming out of the valvecock just fine.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I removed the tank on my 1100 to have it painted. Put it back on and now I have problems. The bike is hitting just fine but it won't start. Can there be an airlock in the gas line? It seems as though it is not getting gas even thouh it coming out of the valvecock just fine.

may have distubed rust or crud in the tank and its got into the carbs. just a thought

Have you trapped a fuel line or kinked it?

Recheck the simple things, enough fuel to reach over reserve (Diversion struggles to pull fuel when low because of high carbs & poor vacuum pump), all electrics OK (FJ1200 has electric reserve), filter blocked (in line & tap).

as drewpy said check the needles in the carb. also if when the petrol tap is on and petrol is coming out of the overflow pipe then the float has blocked. or it could be blocked shut so no petrol is getting in at all.