Bringing Her Back to Life

rzresurection
This post is 3481 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok, I get what you're saying.

I can do the layout dye and see how the contact surfaces are mating. I agree now is the time to do it since I have my cases split. I'm just not sure about spending the money on that right now. If I got a job in the next couple of weeks, I'd consider getting it done. I think it'd be a few bucks.

I found a pic for reference.

byheby7a.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Do the ink lay out and if they are worn/not mached well then the undercut is cheaper than replacing.Like I said 2nd gear is the most important and also normaly the most worn gear

• 3 weeks later...

See you have a dent in the tank,utube dent removal from exhaust pipes videos up about using air perssure and heating the dent to pop em back out.I haven't tried it on a tank but the principal is the same.

Did you check out any of the vid's?

I've seen the ones that they use heat and air to pop out the dents in pipes. They work pretty good.

I think that it would work for a tank. I'd have to come up with a way to seal the fill spout well enough to hold air.

I'm not going to add any heat to my tank at this point only because I've already coated the inside of the tank with POR15 and don't want to destroy the new coating.

That makes sence would be a bugger to try and get that mess out/ fixed.Thats part of the reason I havent tried it yet I dont have personaly a dented tank and seems everyone that has come my way has allready been coated.

I was just going to use the gas cap and plug the vent with tape,I woulkd think 10-15 psi would be enough pressure,and a steel air stem on a flat plate for the pressure side.

The bike is looking good, weather permitting next week might head up to ryans new place and then we can ride back to your place and see this creation ourself's.The Ice rink In the lane way is almost melted fingers crossed it don't _______ again.I wont even say the word let alone type it.LOL

Let me guess... your wife has been telling you to clean it all winter, but the second you have friends coming over it's spring into action and clean it?? lol

What happens in the Garage STAYS in the garage (unless its a bike, then it comes out now and then)

Looking much more like a bike now mate. As for the dent in the tank, im not sure if this will work due to how thick the metal is but i have used a toilet plunger on a couple of car door dents to pull out, again im not sure if it will work due to the curves of the tank and the fact that the car door skin is a heck of a lot thinner.

Worth a try if you got one at home and its clean :eusa_whistle:

What happens in the Garage STAYS in the garage (unless its a bike, then it comes out now and then)

Looking much more like a bike now mate. As for the dent in the tank, im not sure if this will work due to how thick the metal is but i have used a toilet plunger on a couple of car door dents to pull out, again im not sure if it will work due to the curves of the tank and the fact that the car door skin is a heck of a lot thinner.

Worth a try if you got one at home and its clean :eusa_whistle:

Thanks Noise. It does look like a bike.

I'm afraid a plunger won't work. Like you say, the metal is too thick. I'd need one of those kits where you weld on a little rod and use a slide puller. I don't want any heat applied to

My tank now that I've coated the inside. Those dents have had bondo in them before and they will again. Lol

Got the screen mounted and ugly green tape removed. Woohoo.

yjavetyb.jpg

a3e2usez.jpg

Only thing with them weld on rods and puller is that you can either pull the dent too far out our when you snap the rod off it can create a hole.

Bondo is the cure.