Full Arrow Exhaust system XJ6n

liam92
This post is 3778 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I has looking at getting a Arrow exhaust for my XJ6n but don't know whether to buy the system that removes the cat or keeps it. I know that in the UK emissions are not tested so a cat is not needed, but if I was to take the bike touring would the de-cat pipe be a problem

Or would there be any running problems cat vs de-cat

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi I has looking at getting a Arrow exhaust for my XJ6n but don't know whether to buy the system that removes the cat or keeps it. I know that in the UK emissions are not tested so a cat is not needed, but if I was to take the bike touring would the de-cat pipe be a problem

Or would there be any running problems cat vs de-cat

Thanks

I don't think you'll run into problems. On the first XJ6 I had I put R6 (5SL) headers on and a generic micron end can. Didn't turn the MIL on, even though I removed the lambda sensor. If it does you can always buy one of those £15 lambda emulators on ebay.

You won't get any extra power, as the state of tune is dictated by the cam profiles, but you will lose quite a bit of weight.

Ok did't think there would be running problems. Any idea on different countries laws regarding de-cat pipes (when touring) as it's £80 more for header with a cat built in, and shouldn't think it will sound as good

Ok did't think there would be running problems. Any idea on different countries laws regarding de-cat pipes (when touring) as it's £80 more for header with a cat built in, and shouldn't think it will sound as good

In general terms, when touring so-called 'visitor laws' apply, whereby if what you have is legal at home it will be legal where you are. What really applies is common-sense, if you went to Italy and were stopped, the Carabinieri would be more interested in lights that didn't work or loose luggage than no catalyser [they probably wouldn't notice, and if they did they wouldn't want the paperwork].

I've been through CH many times, which allegedly they have the most draconian road enforcement in the EEA, yet I only hear of them nicking people for speeding (it's cell time and whooping great fine).

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online