Foreign Headlamp - Deflecting the Beam?

demonic
This post is 3854 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This will probably come across as a daft question however with my YBR being a french import the front headlamp is of course french and set to their standard.

I was looking into ways of deflecting the beam and was just wondering if any kind of tape would do the job for now? such as brown/black/silver tape or if there is any of those deflector strips designed for motorbike headlamps as I know there is for cars.

I've had to go ahead and do a makeshift job just now with solid waterproof scotch tape topped with some solid brown tape and just wanted to be sure it'd do the job hence the question here.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The only problem with those tapes that cars use when you go abroad is that it actually BLOCKS the light not deflect it, I know it sounds odd but have you thought to turn the headlight through 90 degrees so the beam is to the left, it might not work but got to be worth a try!! Just my thoughts on it you understand someone on here will no doubt come up with 400 reasons that you can't do this.

The only problem with those tapes that cars use when you go abroad is that it actually BLOCKS the light not deflect it, I know it sounds odd but have you thought to turn the headlight through 90 degrees so the beam is to the left, it might not work but got to be worth a try!! Just my thoughts on it you understand someone on here will no doubt come up with 400 reasons that you can't do this.

Aye I gave that a try but cause of how the bugger is fitted it doesn't move around much, that and even if it's moved it won't change the direction of the beam much if at all. I've tried to find a UK headlamp but they haven't fitted as the back of my headlamp is rounded, the UK ones have square/flat back ends and refuse to fit into the gap or line up properly.

I'll test out my makeshift job when it's pitch black against a wall and see if it actually works, have just fitted a halogen bulb over the standard old fashioned round bulb too and have heard that this can cause problems with it dazzling drivers... Don't fancy being pulled over anytime soon either.

Think I managed to fix it, trekked and got some silver duck-tape and the light now shines straight ahead and to the left when pointed at a wall, none seems to be deflecting to the right.

Still to test it out on the road but so far so good!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online