Pilot/Parking Lamp

drewpy
This post is 6688 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi There folks!!

Nearing the end of my restoration of the xs400. everything is wired up except the pilot/parking bulb (UK model). I bought a NOS ignition switch and it only has 3 positions as opposed to 4 on the original. This means that the connection to the bulb is missing.

Now to the question;

When does this bulb light? ie when the main lamp is on or when the key is left in the parking position (or both?)

How does this fit in with the MOT regs?

Cheers

Drew

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I used to have an xs250, the parking light came on when key was turned to the steering lock/park position, and the light switch needed to be on in the sidelight position.

Not sure on the MOT side of things, but i cant remember anyone testing this.

I used to have an xs250, the parking light came on when key was turned to the steering lock/park position, and the light switch needed to be on in the sidelight position.

Not sure on the MOT side of things, but i cant remember anyone testing this.

:D cheers, that sounds right to me, I'll splice it into position 3 of the ignitin switch.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online