xvs 950 exhaust

rock n ride
This post is 3907 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys started a thread a while back about slip on exhaust,s but I just won't have the money for a long time.im considering drilling the baffle out,ive seen it done on you tube but only on the 1300,s has any one done it on a 950 ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if you do this, are you sure you can pass the mot? anyway, cost you some money to buy the tools, if you don`t do this, also you pay somebody to do this, not better to buy a second pipe? I guess the muffler cost something like 250-300 pounds new.

anyway, if you read the comments on this video you will find what you need

as above but also it will sound like shit: sure it'll be louder, but in a farty, holey, rotted-through-exhaust kind of way. I've heard a few such exhaust mods up close and they were all invariably shit. Just save your pennies and buy either the v&h or cobra slip-on when you've saved up about £250.

as above but also it will sound like shit: sure it'll be louder, but in a farty, holey, rotted-through-exhaust kind of way. I've heard a few such exhaust mods up close and they were all invariably shit. Just save your pennies and buy either the v&h or cobra slip-on when you've saved up about £250.

true words

When I purchased my XVS 650 the previous owner had already drilled it. My son also has a 650 in stock condition. My bike is a little louder but not a lot. Doesn't sound like a Harley but sounds more like a bike than my son's one does. Tone is deeper and not unpleasant, certainly cheaper than V&H or similar. I don't know about the road regs there. They are pretty strict here in Aus but I don't try to annoy or create excessive noise so never been pulled up so far.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online