Definiton of a gargae and size for insurance purpose for any motorcycle.

wallywant xj6s
This post is 3929 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all. thanks for replying and reading my post. now I am just asking what would your definition of a size garage you need to store your motorcycle in and does it have to have steel doors or wooden doors as I didn't know if I could try and get one to the size of 11ft x 8ft and does it have to be brick/concrete sections or can it be a wooden garage.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Each insurer will have different criteria. Some will require a brick building, or concrete, others will be happy with a wooden shed; providing all are locked. Best to ask when getting quotes.

i was asked if it was a brick garage. i told them yes , but i don't know where i will stand in the event of a claim .

as it's actualy a brick shed..

Hello all. thanks for replying and reading my post. now I am just asking what would your definition of a size garage you need to store your motorcycle in and does it have to have steel doors or wooden doors as I didn't know if I could try and get one to the size of 11ft x 8ft and does it have to be brick/concrete sections or can it be a wooden garage.

Hi,

A lot of it depends on your postcode, I see from your profile that you're in Norfolk, this is classed as a low risk area, so generally a locked wooden shed would be rated the same as a garage. Depending on the value of your bike of course!

Lee

Mine is best for bike insurance being integral to the house. Down side. It loads the house insurance.

Insurance in any other form would be extortion.

Hello all and thanks again. just a note to lee, would you say a high risk would be a r6 Yamaha as my biker friend has one of these and in a shed and told insurance people the truth and had to pay a further £90 odd to cover for being in the shed.after all he was cob smacked at that. cheers.

Hello all and thanks again. just a note to lee, would you say a high risk would be a r6 Yamaha as my biker friend has one of these and in a shed and told insurance people the truth and had to pay a further £90 odd to cover for being in the shed.after all he was cob smacked at that. cheers.

It would depend on the value of his bike and the postcode. With a majority of insurers we use, it generally would be classed the same, but some will offer a higher discount for a brick garage as opposed to a wooden shed.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online