changing a standard yamaha dtr exhaust for a dep pipe help need please

Lewisarron0808
This post is 3929 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello people need some help on my dtr 2004, i got a dep pipe offline the other day as my standard exhaust is dead,

On my standard exhaust there is a chrome bar that has few rubber pipes that go back into the air box. heard that its a eco friendly thing for the co2 but not to sure myself.

anyway on the dep pipe there is no hole for the chrome pipe to attach to so wanted to know what is need to do??

can i just block the chrome pipe up or would i have to remove the hole thing i.e all the rubber pipes to the air box ect?

this is a photo of the standard exhaust with the chrome pipe

p3pb9894495.jpg

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT GUYS

CHEERS

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I removed the chrome pipe all together, the rubber hose that connects to it I folded back on itself and cable tied it up. Then cable tied it up to the frame to hide it.

I removed the chrome pipe all together, the rubber hose that connects to it I folded back on itself and cable tied it up. Then cable tied it up to the frame to hide it.

• Like 1

I actually fitted a big one system, mine was ok, but you should definitely check it once fitted.

If you're running lean you don't want to hole a piston

Yeah order a couple of plugs and do a 'plug chop' as it's called.

I'm not a expert in this so can't tell you in full.

But you do something along the lines of install fresh plug, find a quiet road, run up to maximum rpm in 2nd or 3rd gear, clutch in, allow engine to stop on its own. Check colour of plug.

There's a plug colour chart on Google that'll give you an indication of too lean /rich etc

That's about all I know lol

Got it fit today when on a treat just one mount did not line up so just rapped a metal tie rap around the pipe and mine fine lol

Also did what you said about the rubber pipe fines fine think it may need up jetting not to sure yer tho

Cheers for your help

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online