YBR 125 will not start

O'sullivan
This post is 3923 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, I'm having a problem with my 08 Yamaha YBR 125.

It was stolen a while back and the steering lock was snapped, they had hotwired the bike and I don't know what else they were doing to it but now it just wouldn't start at all.

Replaced -

Ignition barrel

ECU

Battery

Spark plug

Problems -

1) I turn the ignition on and the lights come on all fine but the fuel pump does not prime, it did for a few days after I got the bike out of the police pound but it doesn't now.

2) The vale timings were all out so I had re-done the valve timings.

3) When trying to start the bike it seems as if it is ticking over though it still wouldn't start, an error code (19) is now flashing on the engine management light.

4) Checking the black and white wire to the ECU from the ignition switch and vice versa, there is no problems at all with the wire itself and the ECU is new

5) There is no spark coming from the spark plug, I have tried just about everything now and there is still no spark.

I have been at this for weeks now and I still cannot get it going, when the fuel pump was priming I tried starting it a few times and it backfired.

I don't know what else to do, I would bring it down to a garage and fork out a load to get it fixed though I'd like to do it myself...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds like you replaced all the necessary parts that I would hmm... If I were you I might check all the wires leading from ignition to spark plug boots. Are all wires secure and tight? Grounded properly? Did you get the proper plug for your bike? Determine what gap of plug your bike takes and compare to the new one you got with a feeler gauge. Let me know, good luck!

Double triple check the ignition barrel is wired correctly,apparently a number of people have bought replacement switches that are not switched correctly,although on most of them it blows the main fuse.

If you can replace with original switch if you have it to check.

Pete

First thing to do is introduce yourself in the new members section,it's the polite thing to do.Most member's won't give you the time of day untill you do Just a bit about yourself and skill levels.

Do you have a manual?

Chech the resistance of the pick up coil.

check the termanial on the black wire for spreding/loose connection.

check side stand switch and kill switch for cotnuity and using a multy meter set on the ohm scale watch to see them open and close

check the pump's resistance,also you could feed the pump directly 12v to see if it works at all,

But I have no idea if your capable of doing any of this ,the introduction in new members would help

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, I've since been trying to figure out what's going on.

You must forgive me for not introducing myself first.

Anyway, yes I have a manual and have been going through it and following it step by step but I still cannot get it started. Since I haven't done much to it other than taking off the HT lead to get a replacement because there is no spark from the spark plug so to me that's something to do with the lead itself, I've tried pouring a bit of petrol into the hole and that didn't work either.

I'm now going to go over it all again so will start from the beginning. There is still a problem with the black and white wire as I'm still getting a fault code 19 flashing on the engine management light...

Will take the ignition switch off tomorrow and check it to make sure everything's right with it as well as the ECU, then once again I will do a test with the multimeter to see if there's anything going from the IGN switch to the ECU.

@ Dt - Will do all of that tomorrow ^^

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online